Mmmm... Since I haven't been contributing much, then this time I post ba...
The main reason for organizing this gathering was that we hope to let the NUS guys have some fun before school term starts and they become dull kids once again D: We would like to show appreciation to the volunteers for their dedications towards the Mindsville residents as well, that's why we initially kept the whole thing a hush-hush even as we want to involve as little help as possible and let you guys just have fun and being served.
Organizing the gathering was a great torture (oops... Shouldn't have said that, else you guys won't dare to take the initiative to organize anything ~_~) for iggie and me... I had to rush to friend's place to borrow 2 Wiimotes and the Mario Kart Wii disc from my friend, and then iggie and I had to do groceries, and drop the foodstuff off at her place. Worse thing was, we kept forgetting this and that T_T
The next morning was way worse. With Ken and Pauline adding in to help, we had trouble getting ingredients for Ken's famed 'Yang Zi Gan Lu' dessert, especially gettign the mango-flavored ice-cream was like an almost impossible task. So no choice, Ken settled with Haagen Dazs (yes, guys... the dessert swimming inside your tummies was branded stuff hor). After finally this and that, we got to learn how to make that mouth-watering dessert.
And believe me, just one dessert was enough to take our toll. While Pauline headed home to get her stuff and Ken went to Mindsville first, we had to wait patiently for the dessert to cool down enough to put them into the fridge.
After that, it was off to Mindsville~
_______________________________
I was very surprised that after so many weeks, Tat Hiang's cast has not been removed yet... I think he now has gotten too dependent of his wheelchair. SOMEBODY PLEASE REMOVE HIS CAST ALREADY!!! If this goes on, he really would be too lazy to walk on his own...
Plus the existence of the cast will just make him think that he cannot walk, on some conscious level.
Whenever I see him swiftly whisking around in his wheelchair like a Drift King, I really worry for him =S.
Other than that, the project programme was quite the usual.
Except this was the shortest debrief ever recorded =X
________________________________________
After that, the first wave had to rush back to prepare. On our way, I called up KFC to make an order. And guess what? The delivery reached just when we reached the block too~ Lol. Nice timing.
After that, a few helpful peeps offered to help cook. The rest started playing the Mario Kart Wii to test drive abit before the tournament started.
After that, the second wave of crowd turned up. The guys were great. Hungry but patient. Well... except for a certain cat that didn't even bother turn up for project still dared to turn up for the gathering, and kept asking for food... -_-
The food was great. KFC, fried bee hoon, chicken franks, crab sticks and seaweed chickens. Mmmm...
And after that, that cat started meowing again, for desserts -_-. Really never seen such a demanding guest in my life...
But, we had schedules to follow, so it was time to begin the Mario Kart Wii tournament~ The guys each randomly picked a scratch card (yes, those which you require a coin to scratch, NOT PEEL THE STICKER OFF, MISS NEO -_-) to know their individual groupings. After that, it was flag off time~ I was glad I got the right game, as the guys obviously enjoyed it alot. Screams and shouts were heard. Seeing them enjoying, I felt that all the troubles that I had to go through were worth it.
After all, this gathering WAS meant for you guys to enjoy~
After my round, I went back to prepare the desserts with iggie. Even from the kitchen, we could hear 2 dinstinctive voices. Go figure.
Anyway, initially we wanted Ken to cut the watermelons, since he has a certain technique doing it, but seeing him enjoying the game in the living room, I decided to not to trouble him and we do it ourselves.
After the preliminary match, they were gathered to the dining table to have dessert, and also a surprise birthday moment for Muikee, whose birthday fell on the day before our gathering.
Lol that really was an impromptu moment as we didn't plan that initially.
I guess the highlight was really the much anticipated 'Yang Zi Gan Lu' dessert. Most of us gave very positive comments about it.
Among other desserts contributed were the Stawberry Cheese dessert by iggie, Oreo Cheesecake by Pauline and the Almond Jelly by iggie's mom.
Great variety, right? ._.
After that we proceeded to the finals... But then some of them wanted to leave... And the cat, seeing the opportunity, quickly vanished like a ninja. I think the only thing he took the initiative to help out was to help eat and make noise -_-.
Well, after the rest left, the finals couldn't be proceeded... So we had headached about the prizes because we couldn't determine the top 3 winners (paid out of my own pocket but in the end... T_T).
So, after we helped cleaning up, I made them do a lucky draw to determine who you win the prizes. End up iggie, Huiling and I got the prizes -_- As for what the prizes were, you didn't stay to witness, so... boohooooo~...
And then, home sweet home~
______________________________________
And now, I would like to thank the following people:
CREW:
Ken and Pauline, for being arrowed by me to help with cooking and preparations
Xinhui, Ann, Huiling, Shawn for volunteering to help cook and make drinks
Yehui for dragging the drinks dispensor all the way from Mindsville, and a packet of ice too
Huiling, Xinhui, Pauline, Stel C, Shawn, Yongcheng and Weizhong to stay back and do cleaning up
Eric, my friend, for lending me 2 Wiimotes and the Mario Kart Wii game
iggie for organizing and hosting the gathering, having to be taken responsibility for our uncontrollable noise levels and mopping the whole place up after we left.
FOOD (now you know who to blame if your tummies are upset):
iggie's mum for the fried bee hoon and almond jelly
iggie and Stel C for the strawberry cheese dessert
Pauline for the Oreo cheesecake and cutting of watermelon
iggie and me for choosing such red and juicy watermelons
Ken for the 'Yang Zi Gan Lu' dessert
Xinhui, Ann, Huiling and Shawn for the chicken franks, crab sticks and syrup
KFC for their chicken, coleslaw and whipped potato
And last but not least, you guys for placing the TH project as top priority and went through it before supporting the gathering. And being so patient with the serving of the food. You guys are the best volunteers one could ever have.
loneLEE
Any Dream Worth Having, Is A Dream Worth Dying For
Monday, August 4, 2008
What a wonderful gang
Contributed by mindsville (: at 10:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment