Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Normal Project - 16/2/2008

New Programme!!! Woohoo~

Since Sinhui's entry wrote some of the stuffs that I want write, so I shall not duplicate the entry. :p

Ya, as what she claimed in her blog entry below, music station will be my little baby for now. Cause I am the station IC for the music station with a new theme... which is stated in the blog below. (Sorry, lazy to type out :D)

So I shall blog and elaborate more on the happenings in my music station. Haha~ So here goes...

My music station venue was supposingly to be in the recreation room but it was changed to MPH as the Great Singapore Workout aka exercise station would be using the projector for a exercise video.

Initally, I was so "proud" of myself because the day before the project, I had actually went to a website to download the National Anthem... 3 versions of the Anthem somemore... but didn't expect my beloved enzer radio let me down... Don't know why... Sianz half... Luckily Kelvin got his laptop to play out music, but we got to gather the residents closer to the centre of the hall where Kelvin's laptop is... so they could hear it more clearly.

How do we start off the first National Anthem singing session??? It can be summarised in more than 160 words below... Haha~

Firstly Kelvin and I played the whole National Anthem for the residents to listen. Then we taught them each line word by word. Feel funny at first cause 2 chinese guys teaching the residents to sing in Malay... Sometimes we don't know if we got the words right or not... Nevertheless, we just tried our best lor... despite both of us broke into laughters when we were struggling to figure out how to pronounce some particular malay words. Once they got the words right, we asked them to sing together with the music provided. Actually during the singing session, I was reminded of how my primary school music teacher used to taught my class to sing the National Anthem... And I never expect that we were using similar methods too... Oh man, I really missed my school day :(

Of course, after all those singings and repeated singings of the National Anthem... We explained and let the residents know the meaning of the whole Anthem both in english and in chinese (chinese version translated by our beloved Chew Ling) cause both Kelvin's and my chinese were too powderful liao... :p Once all these were done, we played musical chairs arranged in circle with the National Anthem as the music for it because initally I thought we only could use the National Anthem and nothing else... Wahaha~ in the end, as Kelvin took out more chairs from the circle, those without chairs have to stand the centre of the circle with me and sing the National Anthem loud loud... The music station was ended with a mass band playing "noises" consisting of big pails, small pails, shakers and small bells... Actually, we are supposed to play some stuff, but I couldn't think of any at the moment, so we just create "music" as much as possible before releasing them to the next programme. :p

Anyway, the funfit 2 was strolling as mentioned by Sinhui below, so I don't repeat writing the same things over again... :p But I felt like of guilty cause I never completed the whole stretch of the strolling route cause everytime I always make a "U-turn" halfway and walked back to Mindsville... Hahaha~ :) Don't worry, I will try harder the next time round yah... ^_^

That's all for the last saturday project :)

~shawn

0 comments: