Sunday, October 7, 2007

Enjoying A Simple Fun


Just want to share some thoughts after yesterday's MAF celebration at Mindsville. The residents are all so happy to celebrate MAF even though we are celebrating with them at such a late date. All of them have dressed up to enjoy this celebration. They are really the ones who make this celebration so fun! I think a lot of us are being influenced by their enthusiasm and their intention to really enjoy this day.


I am especially touched when we went out for the lantern walk. During my childhood days, my father will always bring me and my brother to the park for a lantern walk during Mid-Autumn celebration. In the park we will also see other children with their parents walking around with their lanterns. Those days are so fun because there are other children in the park who can play with us. The laughter and the people around us make Mid-Autumn meaningful. As we all grow up, I think alot of us didn't even celebrate Mid-Autumn with families because of busy schedules or tests.


Yesterday, I can feel the meaning behind Mid-Autumn again! When I see the line of lanterns that are shining brightly along the path, it makes me feel that I am truly celebrating Mid-Autumn again. The residents are so happy to have a chance to go out and have a nice walk. They let me remember the simple fun that I used to have in my childhood and maybe a simple fun that I have taken for granted for so long.


Yours,
Li Xian :)

0 comments: