Monday, September 20, 2010

HI PPL! :)

Hello ppl! I actually wanted to upload the photos that were taken during TH anniversary but I had some problems uploading them. :p Will rectify the problem hopefully by this week. :)


So for the time being, I shall just share my thoughts :)

For the past few sessions, I have been asking myself many questions. Can I really help the residents there? If I am not of much help then why am i still going? Should I volunteer at other homes where I can do more or be more useful?.......... It was until last sat that I stopped questioning myself because of a remark made by a volunteer.

" The residents are always very happy when we came. They are happy not because of what we can do for them or what we did for them but just because WE CAME! " This was what he said.

Then I realized volunteering is not all about how much help we can give, but how much joy we can bring to the residents. And judging from the photos, I can proudly say that WE DID A GREAT JOB! ^^

Must clarify this: I did not eavesdropped. He was a bit too loud :p

-Agnes

0 comments: