Friday, February 20, 2009

Sigh, lady luck is always with me during lucky draw sessions, though I have yet to receive any attractive prizes. Now you know why I am blogging now. Just kidding. Haha. I vaguely recalled that my lucky draw number was announced during my JC College Day (yes again), but I was too self-conscious aka embarrassed to retrieve my prize because my position for the College run was a whopping 589. It does seem that the more you dread it, the greater the likelihood of winning. So everyone should start to blog diligently. Haha, anyway enough of my nonsensical crapping.

On a serious note, have you ever pondered: How does it feel to have an inadequate family member who is incapable of leading a normal life with them? Isn't it very devastating? I am not implying that the residents here lead an abnormal life, but the general idea is that the residents themselves might not be aware of the emotional turmoil that their family members are experiencing, yet, their family members have to cope with the dismal fact that somehow, they are losing their loved ones, not physically, but mentally. Oh dear I am crapping again, but I do wish that in the near future, we are able to execute a large scale event that involves both the residents and their family members to aid in promoting family bonding which they might have been deprived of. Okies, the idea is pretty far-fetched but I am surmising that the residents should be the happiest when they spend quality time with their families.

P/s: I don’t have any photos with me, so there goes this monotonous entry =)

2 comments:

mindsville (: said...

haha shanyan what has being 589th in the run has to do with winning a lucky draw prize? next time u strike 10 million toto u will be embarassed u spend only 50cents buying the ticket or not? hahaha

wc

mindsville (: said...

thanks for the little nice post and food for thought(:
actually we do have an event called MYG family day, in which family members will join the residents in activities. well, you don't see many of them for certain reasons but it's definitely heartwarming to see the unconditional love some of them have towards the residents. -yy