The above picture, in which you might see some backs you recognise, is a testament to my incredible *cough* photo-taking skills. Heh. Well actually, due to confidentiality issues, shots of the residents' backs are safer to use than face shots (call me chicken if you will, but I am a law-abiding person).
In relation to that, if you're a new volunteer and you weren't aware of the confidentiality issue... well, you are now.
Anyway, I digress. The picture was taken at the beginning of the fireworks outing that we had a few weeks ago. Hmm... I realise that there are older posts on this, but there aren't many pictures so... here goes? The outing started with a photo hunt, that saw shutter-happy volunteers and residents braving crowded corridors in search of specified items, with which they posed for photographs.
Aww... isn't that cute? Well okay, the green... uh... fabric up there wasn't really one of the items we were supposed to be looking for, but... the resident seems quite fond of it, no?
After the photo hunt, we had a nice take-away dinner at the edge of an indoor fishpond. Hmm... when put into words like that, doesn't the location sound almost romantic? (Or maybe - and this is highly likely - I just have a warped idea of what 'romantic' is.)
Once everyone had filled their tummies, we set off for a quiet rooftop that the organisers somehow managed to find (kudos to them!), from which we watched the fireworks display (though I guess, once we'd arrived, it wasn't really a quiet rooftop anymore). The residents also amused themselves with sparklers.
Isn't that just lovely? Makes you feel all tingly inside, no? No? Okay, maybe it's just me. (And yes, I am trying to be funny here, 'lame' though it may be.)
Anyway, overall, it was an enjoyable outing for residents and volunteers alike. If you missed this one, it's okay - there'll probably be another one next year!
~li ming
4 comments:
omg lm are u too stressed haha
wc
nice post and pictures... :)
hmm one small trick when posting photos for the pub ppl. u can "begin with the end in mind" and upload the pics that will appear last so that no need to shift till so cham, esp if u got lots of pics to add
-sh
“but I am a law-abiding person)."
now that's what a good girl would write. LOL
Post a Comment