Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Hippo Tour

A busride on the Hippo Tour costs $23. Yesterday night I had the privilege to go on the Hippo Tour for free with the residents!

So Shawn made 2 trips with the MV van to Lavender MRT where the trip started, the bus made its way down to Bugis and then round Suntec, past Esplanade, Parliament House, then towards Tanglin Mall, where the residents got down, went to the loo and of course, took pictures with the beautiful decorations. Undoubtedly, Tanglin Mall has always one of the most beautiful decorated setups every year.

And as we made our way to Orchard Road where it was flooded with people everywhere, the residents were like screaming and waving from the upper deck. Of course we had to make sure they do not jump out of the bus! Thankfully they behaved themselves and I am pretty sure that they enjoyed themselves a lot as well. Throughout the whole trip they were "wow-ing" all the way at the dazzling lights and screaming MERRY XMAS at everyone who were looking at us from the pavements and bus-stops.

What a way to welcome Xmas! Before I sign off, here's some of the pictures. I liked the snow flake one a lot. I think it would not be possible to take this picture from ground level.





Ich wünsche euch allen Fröhliche Weihnachten und einen guten Start ins neue Jahr 2008!

~bs

2 comments:

mindsville (: said...

yup... i think the last pic of the snowflak look really cool..haha... look a bit like the moon surrounded by stars

btw ur last line is "we wish u a merry christmas and start of jan 2008"?

-sh

bs said...

its "I wish you all a merry xmas and a good start in 2008."

the girl who was guiding the hippo tour said there are 2800 of such flakes along orchard road!